lauredhel

lauredhel

Soulless: The Manga Vol. 2 (The Parasol Protectorate Manga #2)
Gail Carriger
The Walking Dead, Vol. 18: What Comes After
Charlie Adlard, Robert Kirkman
Sunburnt Country
Fiona Palmer
Bark at the Moon: Bert Rokey's Letters from the South Pacific, 1942-1945: How a Soldier and Sabetha, His Kansas Farm Community, Survived World War II
Cleta Gresham Rokey
Seanan McGuire
My Policeman
Bethan Roberts

Captivation (Random Romance)

Captivation (Random Romance) - Nicola Moriarty Content note for postnatal depression, suicidality, child abandonment, character deathOh, this book. This book. It shattered me into tiny pieces. And not from what you who've read it already might expect. No, it was the first-person view of postnatal depression that got to me. We hear what it is (for some) like from the inside, the feeling that your body has turned to rotting wood and torn cardboard, the feeling that you have no love for your child, that you're losing chunks of time, that you need to be punished, that your children would be better off without you. The book starts deceptively light, though it is rapidly revealed that both of the main characters have secrets. Two young Australian women meet by chance in London, and strike up a friendship. As their secrets are slowly explored, we sink deeper and deeper into the mire of Hannah's secret. India's story seems cheerier. But the clues slowly mount, until the reveal late in the book that her cancer story isn't quite as she's represented it.At the heart of this book lies an unlikely coincidence, a deep female friendship, and a core of hope and love, and I'm a sucker for that every time. I'm already a huge fan of Nicola Moriarty, and will definitely be picking up her next book.