lauredhel

lauredhel

Soulless: The Manga Vol. 2 (The Parasol Protectorate Manga #2)
Gail Carriger
The Walking Dead, Vol. 18: What Comes After
Charlie Adlard, Robert Kirkman
Sunburnt Country
Fiona Palmer
Bark at the Moon: Bert Rokey's Letters from the South Pacific, 1942-1945: How a Soldier and Sabetha, His Kansas Farm Community, Survived World War II
Cleta Gresham Rokey
Midnight Blue-Light Special
Seanan McGuire
My Policeman
Bethan Roberts
The Making of Men - Arne Rubinstein Just a 'meh' for me. I'm not sure what the target audience for this book is. Mostly nuclear white suburban middle-class nondisabled het cis nuclear families in need of remedial basic parenting skills (and yet also willing to buy and read self-help books), as far as I can tell. And a few single het "broken home" families in need of reading yet another bloke lamenting over Teh Tragic Breakdown Of Marriages Today.

I really didn't need a lesson in how I should stop laying my 11-yo son's clothes out for him and coddling him and fulfilling his every whim, so he can learn a bit of independence. I stopped doing that stuff five or six years ago, about when he started getting himself to and from school. I didn't need a lesson in how teenager boys need their privacy sometimes, and need a balanced diet. I dunno. Maybe some people do, I just don't see them as people who are going to run out and read books like this.