lauredhel

lauredhel

Soulless: The Manga Vol. 2 (The Parasol Protectorate Manga #2)
Gail Carriger
The Walking Dead, Vol. 18: What Comes After
Charlie Adlard, Robert Kirkman
Sunburnt Country
Fiona Palmer
Bark at the Moon: Bert Rokey's Letters from the South Pacific, 1942-1945: How a Soldier and Sabetha, His Kansas Farm Community, Survived World War II
Cleta Gresham Rokey
Midnight Blue-Light Special
Seanan McGuire
My Policeman
Bethan Roberts
Half Moon Bay - Helen Young This book was, in large part, enjoyable. I think Young hits her stride really well when writing about flying, and I could feel that unique spark returning toward the end of the book when Ellie got into the pilot's seat. More flying, please!

My big disappointment was my intense dislike for the romantic lead. This made it difficult for me to be swept up in the story. [weak spoilers ahead] I know we were supposed to be suspicious of him at first, but even when we were supposed to start liking him, he came out with this clunker: "No, no. You misunderstand me. You were never meant to get caught up in this. Never. O’Sullivan mentioned a little troublemaker trying to organise a protest against the sale. From the way he spoke, I expected to find a hairy, bra-less, ball-breaking feminist, and instead discovered a fascinating, headstrong goddess."

And I just switched off. Ugh.

Maybe this was edited between ARC and final version, though? Maybe?