lauredhel

lauredhel

Soulless: The Manga Vol. 2 (The Parasol Protectorate Manga #2)
Gail Carriger
The Walking Dead, Vol. 18: What Comes After
Charlie Adlard, Robert Kirkman
Sunburnt Country
Fiona Palmer
Bark at the Moon: Bert Rokey's Letters from the South Pacific, 1942-1945: How a Soldier and Sabetha, His Kansas Farm Community, Survived World War II
Cleta Gresham Rokey
Seanan McGuire
My Policeman
Bethan Roberts

If I Stay

If I Stay - Gayle Forman I find myself at complete odds with my favourite YA bloggers on this book!I picked up If I Stay because I heard it had a sequel, and I was really looking forward to a rehab book in the voice of a young woman with disabilities. I ended up really liking If I Stay, but had avoided spoilers assiduously for Where I Went. Unfortunately, too assiduously. When I picked it up, I found that instead of being in Mia's clear, powerful, insightful, vulnerable, resonant voice, I found that the book was to be all about Adam's pain. I thought he was a bit of an arse in the first book, and he just became a giant arse in this one, meaning the ending made even less sense. And when he started comparing his pain at being dumped and becoming a bigtime rock star to Mia's pain at her entire family dying in front of her and having to recover from critical injuries, I just about threw it against the wall. This book was just a giant posturing waaahh for me. I really hope that Forman (or a good fanficcer!) decides to write Mia's story.